Yes… Dear Dharma Brothers and Sisters,
The annual 24-Hour Metta event is back this year, bigger, better and greener. It’ll be held on 19-20 Dec 2015 at Samadhi Vihara, with the theme “green” in respect of the mother nature. For those who are unfamiliar, 24-Hour is a meaningful event mooted by Bhante Mahinda to spread loving kindness across the world. It entails a 24-hour non-stop chanting of Karaniya Metta Sutta (Discourse on Loving Kindness), the copying of Karaniya Metta Sutta and lighting of lamps. participated by more than 20 Buddhist organisations within and outside of Malaysia.
This year, we’ve got some new and interesting activities installed for you:-
- Metta Cinema – a showcase of videos, depicting metta actions across the world
- Metta Cranes – folding of cranes, to be donated to hospital children
- Pass It Notes! – writing of sweet messages which can make someone smile and be passed around
- Metta Memo fridge magnet giveaway
- More groups will be joining the chanting
Given the scale of this event, we would require help from many volunteers for the following tasks:-
- Set up
- Lights Offering
- Traffic Control
Please come and join us for this auspicious and meaningful event. Every effort counts!
Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu.